David Szauder studied Art History and Intermedia in Budapest and afterwards spent a year on a scholarship in Helsinki. Soon after arriving in Berlin, he started to work as a media artist and curator for the Hungarian Cultural Institute. Also, he was a guest lecturer in film at University Babelsberg Konrad Wolf, where he found his own artistic style and have created unique method and the series of ‘Failed Memories’.
Over the years Szauder has exhibited and participated in various art and media projects, exhibitions and screenings, both within the Institute and throughout Europe and overseas. In 2014, together with two business partners, he founded his company – Building Scape – in Berlin, where he is working since as Art Director.
– La Carteza del Error – exhibition – Argentina, 2015
– Failed Memories – Solo show- New Criterion Gallery –Romania, 2015
– DigitalArt – digital interactive installation – Center of Pompidou, Paris, 2013
– Glitch – installation – RUA RED South Dublin Art Center, Dublin, 2013
– Thresholds – exhibition, performance and panel discussion during the Berlin Art Week (founder, curator), – Collegium Hungaricum Berlin, 2013
– SKY SCREEN – public projection series by Momentum Gallery (curator) – Collegium Hungaricum Berlin and Trafo Stettin, 2013
– Cinema Total 4, 5, 6 and 7 – program for film professionals from Central and Eastern Europe during the Berlinale (visual director) – Collegium Hungaricum Berlin, 2011-2014
– “Deutsche Einheit am Balaton” – exhibition (curator) – Berlin, New York, Mainz, Dortmund, Balatonfüred
– ReConsidering Roma – video installation – Haus Bethanien, Berlin, 2011